Chives are easy to grow, require little maintenance, tolerate drought, and come back year after year. Edible flowers have¬†a great deal of¬†nectar for pollinators making them loved by bees.¬†
The onion-like leaves are hollow and grow back quickly after being cut for a tasty garnish.
* Direct sow or transplant as soon as soil temps are above 50¬∞
* Full sun or partial shade
* The seed can be started indoors about 5 weeks before the last spring frost; provide consistent moisture.
* Transplant when the plants become 6 inches tall, or direct sow outdoors when all danger of frost has passed.
* Drying: Harvest at peak maturity. Hang bunches upside down¬†in a warm environment for 1-2 weeks¬†to use during the winter.¬†
Packet contains 1g of GMO seeds.
All packets are handmade on a thick card stock for a chic look and feel. Some natural variation might occur.¬†