Known as the master chefs knife, the kiritsuke is used for all the tasks for which youd use a chefs knife and offers top cutting performance and versatility. The striking looking Shun Classic 8-in. Kiritsuke is ideal for slicing and push cuts. Julienne, dice, or brunoise vegetables with ease. Its also an excellent choice for cleaning and portioning boneless proteins, and particularly fish. It slices cooked proteins easily and gracefully. The Shun Classic Kiritsuke also features a slightly curved edge so that it even works well with rocking cuts. Once you try it, youll find yourself reaching for your Shun Classic Kiritsuke more and more often.
- A multipurpose knife treasured by Japanese master chefs
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16¬∞ edge
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total); support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood¬Æ handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and wont harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for light weight and perfect balance
- Handcrafted in Japan