A santoku is an Asian-inspired knife that many cooks today have added to their kitchen favorites. A knife of many talents, a santoku easily handles all the basic kitchen cutting tasks. Slightly shorter than the standard chef's knife, the Shun Sora Santoku is light, agile, and very easy to maneuver. There's just enough belly curve to enable rocking cuts, which just adds to the Sora Santoku's versatility. The blade is extra-special because of the hollow-ground indentations on the side of the blade. They create small air pockets that reduce friction when cutting, making it easier to glide through the cut.
- Versatile and easy to use
- Proprietary Composite Blade Technology puts high-performance VG10 steel on the cutting edge and highly corrosion-resistant Japanese 420J stainless steel on the blade upper
- San mai edge construction protects and supports the VG10 cutting core; razor-sharp 16° edge for quick, easy cutting
- Traditional handle design in textured PP/TPE polymer blend provides a contemporary look, secure grip and balance, and is easy to maintain
- Blade tang extends all the way to the embossed handle medallion for strength and balance
- Handcrafted in Japan